Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tomorrow Alaska

First the liver news. The biopsy showed that Fred did have a drug reaction from a trail drug he took last month. He will not get that drug again. Fred is the first one on the trial to have this problem. The liver is getting healthier on it's own, so they are not going to give him more medication for that. Healing will just take time.

Time gives us a chance to come home for a couple of weeks, well 12 days anyway. Fred is scheduled for re staging on the 19th of this month. This means body scans and 3 days of tests. He has a ticket for the 17th and on the travel story goes.

Looking at my calendar yesterday, I realized that we have been here about half of the time for the past 4 months. Skip and Sandi asked if we ever thought about just getting an apartment in the area. My answer was no. We feel pretty at home here in Navy Housing......they know us by name when we walk in the door. We have what we need here or we know how to ask for it.

The weather has turned much colder and very windy. Last night when I walked home from the hospital, I felt like I should hold on to the lamp post so I wouldn't be blown away while I waited for the street light to change. I saw a lot of big winter coats today. It made me laugh, I just have a wind breaker. I did wish I had put on my gloves when I walked up to the hill to the hospital this morning.

Fred was discharged from the hospital about 2 this afternoon. He is on some pain medication. His ribs are sore and he is a little stiff. Right now he is napping.

All the motels by the airport are full so we will have take the metro early in the morning. We usually get a motel next to the airport the night before we fly. Oh well, not this time. I have our names on the list for first class upgrades.
We'll see.... tomorrow home to Alaska.

5 comments:

Sodak Girl said...

Good news! And I'm so glad you get to go home for 10 days. Here's hoping you have easy connections and smooth flying on first class!

Anonymous said...

What great news!!!!! Have a safe journey home.

Love
SKKDD

Anonymous said...

So happy to read your good news. Thanks for keeping us all posted. I'll be praying for you both.

Love,
Peggy

Anonymous said...

See Mom and Dad i can get on here!!!



Love Wade

Anonymous said...

The question isn't if you can get on here Wade, the question is what are you doing on the computer at 4AM!!!!

Love ya,

Shane