Monday, June 23, 2008

Wade Came to Visit..

I have been sooooo bad about keeping you updated in the past couple of months.

The end of April Wade came and spent 8 days with us. He had not been to Alaska in 6 years and 3 months. He has done a lot of living since he left, including being married and having 2 children. To say that he was excited to be here is an understatement.

He was the energizer bunny.......working on our cars, putting in a new kitchen sink and faucet and the biggest project, plumbing and putting tile in the master bath. Fred and I started to remodel that bathroom right before he was diagnosed with cancer. Has it been 5 years?

Wade came with us to Fred's chemo treatment and got in on all that involves. It was so encouraging for Fred and I to have him come and share this time with us. Wade also got to connect with a lot of old friends. It was a great visit for all of us.

Thank you Annadeidra for sharing your husband's time with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wade only got more done because a) he was there longer, and b) he doesn't sleep!! But I tried to give him a run for his money! I really think I could have gotten as much done if only I had more time...

Love,

Misty

Sodak Girl said...

Hey, M&F, I think you guys must be LOVING this friendly little 'competition'! Looks like you are the winners in either case! I can't wait to come see the new loft digs and play a little Hand and Foot! Yippee!