Friday, October 17, 2008

Post Surgery -- Ten Days

Fred and I have been staying at Skip & Sandra's for a week today. Fred has been continuing to improve as the days go by. Our latest challenge is to wean him off the pain meds. Today I can see an end to this hard phase.

We have a room reserved at Navy Housing across the parking lot from the hospital starting on Wednesday for the next 2 weeks. They are remodeling in our building so that should be interesting. Fred will be having 2 weeks of radiation on the area were he had surgery last week.

I have been doing a couple hours of yard work everyday to keep myself out of trouble. Sandra goes to work everyday, so I have been doing the cooking and cleaning for her. Skip has been out of town this week but will be back this weekend. Skip has chemo 5 days next week at the Navy hospital.

The weather here has been sunny and warm... it is cold and snowing at home.

4 comments:

MNJENN said...

If you're looking for warm weather pit stops on your tour, we have plenty of room, and there are lots of soldiers around from Fort Bliss that Fred could boss around for a while...

Sodak Girl said...

We're thinking of you guys all the time! Glad to get an update. It's great you have a home to live in for a couple weeks. Say "hey" to Skip and Sandy!

Anonymous said...

I was talking with Judy on the phone tonight and was telling her about Fred and remembered your blog so I gave it to her. We enjoyed getting caught up together! I just got back from spending another week in DC on October 5th...should have read your blog before I was out there for 10 days. Glad to hear the pain is getting under control. Gotta head to bed...love you both bunches. Mary

Anonymous said...

Just went back and checked your dates...now I don't feel so bad...we probably passed in mid air! Mary