Saturday, October 31, 2009

High Winds and High Times in the High Country

Has it been 2 weeks since I updated this blog? How time flies when you are having fun.

Let's see.....we got to Boise just in time for Lizzy's birthday party. If you check out scrubbydeer.com you can see some pictures of Fred and I enjoying the indoor kids playground where the party was held. Everyone had a fun time, kids and adults alike.

We spent about 10 days with Misty and family. The time went way too fast. We had trips to the zoo, a corn maze and, oh yes, and to the Cabela's Store, to see all the stuffed animals too.

Fred and I delayed our leaving by a day because of high winds across southern Idaho. We left Boise on the 28rd. We got as far as Rawlins,WY, on the next evening. Today is Oct 31 and we are still here. I 80 is closed because of high winds and blowing snow. We are seeing clear skies now, but there is still a lot of wind. We are hoping to get back on the road in the next 24 hours.

God has such a sense of humor. I have been saying that we need to spend more time just camping by ourselves. Well, God is giving us that here on a windy hillside in WY. We are in a such a good place. It is a nice campground with full hookups, hot showers, and a laundry room.

Yesterday we put a roast in the cock pot, watched a movie and played some cards (Fred won). I talked to Carrie yesterday and she said they are having high winds in Alasaka too.

Today I think I will get out my sewing machine.

Next week some of my female family members are getting together at a cabin in Colorado Springs for a few days. Glad we will have a this bad weather behind us. It is supposed to be in the 50's next week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a written update. Glad you are safe and warm. Love, mom Lambing

Sodak Girl said...

I'm looking forward to our girl Par-tay! See you soon!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JHDoak said...

I get to check up on you guys with Carrie at church, but it is also nice to read your updates. So what is Fred going to do during the girl party...? Cabellas again? I vote he gets the credit card.

Sodak Girl said...

Two weeks...heck, now it's been almost two months since you updated! What's happening out on the road these days? :D