Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Maryland Morning

My it has been awhile since I updated everyone.....

We had a restful time at home watching the snow fall and feeding the fire. I even did a little closet cleaning. Fred recovered quickly from his injections. I know that he has been feeling better because he keeps thinking of things that I should do.

The last week that we were home I spent my time cleaning and reorganizing the basement because we had a new boarder moving in. Nickolas moved in just a couple of days before we left. I talked to him the other day and he was asking where a few things were in the kitchen. He seems to be settling in. We are so greatful to have someone living at the house and taking care of things since we are gone so much.

This morning I am sitting in Maryland at Skip and Sandra's kitchen table watching a flock of blackbirds coming and going around the neighborhood. I can't believe how many there are. I woke up to their chater this morning. We had good flights yesterday from Boise to Seattle to DC.

As many of you know, we went to Boise to help out with the kids so that Misty and Peter could run away for a few days. Feb 1 was Misty's 30th birthday. Well, to make a long story short the whole family went on antibiotics the day after we got to Boise and no one felt well enough to go anywhere. Sorry Misty, maybe another time. We did enjoy our visit with all of them, espcially when they all started to feel better.

So far, Fred and I are well. We all worked very hard at hand washing and sanitizing around the house to keep the bugs away. We enjoyed sleeping in our camper in the back yard. According to the family in the house, they did not get the full nights of sleep that we did.

Tomorrow Fred is back at NIH with blood work and Dr appointments. We will let you all know what we learn as soon as we can. If all goes well, our tickets home to Alaska are for Wed the 6th.

Happy Anniversary Wade and Annadeidra. Five years and counting...... God bless you both.

1 comment:

SKKD Lambing said...

Glad you had a good time at Misty & Pete's. And that you had safe flights to D.C.

Shane stated that "Lambings wear boots, too! Or maybe it was Ingalls side?" Or Lambings just streek without proper shoes?"

Love you both,
Kristi & Shane + clan