Friday, February 29, 2008

Ready....Set.....Go!

What a difference a few weeks at home can make. Fred recovered from his injection in about a week this time and has felt pretty good the rest of the month. I was especially worn after this trip. The whole trip was filled with extra struggles that were very wearing on me. I can't believe, that I can honestly say I am feeling rested physically, mentally and spiritually now. I am reminded of that verse that says God will never give us more than we can bear.

The bright spot on our last trip was getting to spend a week with Carrie and Misty plus family before heading to DC. The plan was for us to babysit the kids while Misty & Peter went out of town for a few days of rest and to celebrate Misty's 30th BD. Well, to make a long story short the whole family ended up on antibiotics instead. Praise the Lord Fred and I did not catch that bug. Lizzy is getting to be such a big girl going to preschool and the twins are walking and talking. We had a lot of laughs that week. Nothing like the Grandkids to lift your spirits.

Tomorrow morning we head for the airport again. Fred and I, believe it or not, are really looking forward to this trip. The biggest reason is that our oldest son, Shane, will be traveling with us. I think that last time we had Shane to ourselves for 5 days was before his little sister was born. And we will not say how many years that has been. We appreciate his willingness to give us this precious gift of time. We especially want to thank his wife for her willingness to share him with us, as she will be left at home with 3 small children. Thank you Shane & Kristi!

Thanks again to all of you for your prayers and words of encouragement. We are so blessed by all of you. God is good.

1 comment:

SKKD Lambing said...

You are more than welcome! The kids & I are hanging in there and enjoying eachother. I am diffently remember that verse as have been quoting it these last few weeks.

God Bless you and Love you all lots,
Kristi, kelli, daniel, dakota